What Determines My Home’s Market Value?
It’s hard to plan your future without knowing your southern Utah home’s market value. Market value, put simply, is what a buyer is willing to pay for a home at the time the seller is willing to sell. Market value is NOT based on the following:
• What you paid for your Southern Utah home
• How much money you need out of the home in order to purchase another
• The cost to build a similar home today
• The county assessment for tax purposes
• What a similar home sold for in another city or state
• How much time or money you spent in home improvements
• Memories you have of the holidays spent with loved ones in the home
When Joel Robertson prepares your free Comparative Market Analysis, some of the major factors he looks at when helping you determine a reasonable listing price are:
- Square footage
- Lot size
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- Garage size
- Overall condition
Recently sold homes (generally within the last three months) show what buyers are willing to pay, which makes this the best indicator of market value.
Current homes for sale on the market identify your competition. If a property has been on the market a long time, chances are it’s priced too high.
Homes currently under contract show demand or activity for a certain home or neighborhood. Some neighborhoods in southern Utah may not have as much activity as others while some communities are the hot item.
Joel Robertson, a top-producing agent in southern Utah, is dedicated to getting the maximum dollar amount for his clients’ homes. To obtain a FREE Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your southern Utah home, please give Joel a call at (435) 773-1220 or simply fill out this property input form.